Friday, August 5, 2011

Rainbow Piano Technique - The First Day!

Are you trying the Rainbow Piano Technique? What age(s) are the students? How did it go on the first day? What worked the best? I received this advice from Annie, the author, regarding older children but see that it would apply to all ages.

Dear Lacey
Thank you for your interest in our book again. I am sure your kids will enjoy it.  My suggestion for your older kids is letting them play and try first, and you can do the last correction, like fingerings and articulation.  Remember to do it slowly.Not too much practice,but do it slow and accurately. Good luck
Annie

Words from a master teacher for sure!

Lacey

1 comment:

  1. My sister Audra wrote the following comment on my facebook page:

    From Audra:

    "I downloaded their free .pdf files to try it, and you won't believe this but Gavan sat down and played London Bridge. It was magical! He's never played before....ever! It would be fun to do it together."

    Gavan is only seven and like she said, it is magical teaching the joy of music to others, especially our own children. Good luck Audra. Did the other kids like it?

    ReplyDelete