Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Rainbow Piano Technique - Day 3

On August 10, 2011 we spotlighted Olivia who is 6 from Georgetown, Utah. I asked her mommy teacher how it was going and she wrote the following:

"It is more independent with the rainbow book.  I don't have to tell them what to do as much as the other Bastein books.  I ordered the pdf document; it was only 10 bucks. We'd been doing the other books off and on for a while, but without letters or finger numbers she was really struggling and with this she just picked right up.  Maddy, age 4, and Jack, age 2 like it a lot too. With Jack I use symbols along with the colors like sun, pumpkin, fireman, and sky. I don't like how similar the colors are though like on the right hand there's two kinds of oranges next to each other and two kinds of green and blue and stuff like that right next to each other.  Also on the "easy" songs the hands are supposed to move around in one song, so I have rearranged the pages a little bit. There's only like four songs that don't have the hands moving or don't have eighth notes. I like the concept, but I don't like the songs that she put together."



Thanks for your letting us know how it is going! I would love to see pictures of your fireman, sun, etc. with the younger kids.

Looking forward to many more videos too :)

Lacey

1 comment:

  1. I just printed off the sample pages to check it out and I noticed the same thing: those similar colours are going to drive me nuts. It seems to me that she could have used just 12 colours (for the twelve tones) and had them repeat, in different shades if she was really concerned about them being different. That would also help the children to notice the pattern on the keyboard and pave the way for note-naming in the future.

    ReplyDelete