Saturday, July 16, 2011

Reader Comment: Teaching Your Own Kids

I used "right now I'm not Mummy, I'm your teacher" today and we had our first good lesson in a while. THANKS!

Also, though, for me it helps to relax a little and realize that it IS going to be different with him than it is with the others. I can't spend all day bossing him around or he'll hate music and hate me. So sometimes he goes a week without going near the piano, but othertimes he gets all jazzed up when his friends are over for lessons that he pulls his books out and demands a lesson as soon as they leave.

One of my former teachers once said, about teaching her own daughter, "all week long we work on our mother-daughter relationship, only to start over again every Saturday morning." Realizing that it IS different, has helped me a lot.

boysrus

No comments:

Post a Comment